Monday, July 16, 2007

On to step 6!

Today's gains:

-3 pennies
-Food mixer (motor going out?)
-Pool filter pump (works?)

My sister was going to throw out a mixer from her kitchen, so I grabbed it and stashed it in my closet. It's motor seems to be going out according to her, but maybe It can be of value.

I also took a walk today, this time just going to the Albertsons parking lot. I found three pennies! Two were between vending machines. That puts me at 17 cents and at step 6. Never before has 17 cents been this exciting! Haha. I'll be very excited when I'm in the thousands, but for now I have to focus on my current goal. Step 6 is 16 to 32 cents, so I need to trade with someone or find more coins, or find a place around here where I can take bottles and cans.

On the way back home I picked up a pool filter pump that was out in front of a house in our neighborhood I assumed was for free. I'll go back and ask them, and if it works. Maybe its worth something!

Theres a potential opportunity for me to make $50-$150, depending on how I go about it. A guy is trying to get rid of an abandoned car, and I found a recycling place near here which pays $5.85 per 100 pounds of metal. At 2000 pounds that would be $117, and most cars are well over that weight. I would have to find a way to transport the car there though (no motor, I have a suspended license and would need someone with a truck and tow cable), and remove the gas tank and fluids or they wont take it. They have a 400 pound penalty if you leave the tires on too.

Obviously if I did this I would overshoot my next step by a lot, but I could use that extra money for other investments! Plus its an idea that could possibly be put to use for future steps (which I'm not thinking about!).

No comments: