Sunday, July 15, 2007

Steps 1-4 completed!

I took a walk to the Albertsons and Publix supermarket plazas which are just a quarter mile or so away from my place. After a half hour or so of walking around the parking lots I was able to find two nickels and four pennies, or 14 cents!

I am just 2 pennies away from finishing step 5 (16 cents)

I'm keeping my coins in my little GI Joe tin lunchbox so I don't mix it up with my other coins in my Batman piggy bank.

I noticed as I walked that there is a lot of trash lying around along the streets. Maybe I could create a service project of some kind.

What I learned: Supermarket parking lots have more coins lying around than neighborhoods. I walked around our loop and found not a penny. I was expecting more than what I found from the parking lots, but going through 4 steps in an hour or so is excellent!

1 comment:

Xinfinitum said...

Hi Christopher,

Glad to see you decided to begin the Adventure of Doubling to a Million.

I have added you to my Comrades in Doubling Section on my Blog.

A link back would be great!

I wish you success.

Regards,
Xinfinitum
Double To A Million Blog